Single Tooth Dental Implant in San Antonio
A dental implant is, without question, the best possible replacement of a single missing tooth. Why is it the best? Because it is the closest we can come to a natural tooth.
A dental implant replacing a missing tooth consists of three parts for any single tooth dental implant
- The implant body – The implant body is the tooth root replacement. It anchors into the jawbone, allowing what is built onto it to emerge out of the gums naturally.
- The abutment – Abutments come in many forms. The abutment’s job is to connect the tooth-shaped crown above the gums to the implant body below the gums. The abutment connects to the implant body with a screw.
- The implant crown – Similar to a crown on a natural tooth, an implant crown completely covers the abutment and appears to emerge from the gums. The crown attaches to the abutment only and NOT to any neighboring teeth.
Dental implants for single tooth replacements have many advantages over every other tooth replacement treatment, all stemming from the fact that implants anchor in the jawbone.
Most Natural and Cosmetic Appearance – Unlike bridges, which can appear to be three teeth glued together or a tooth floating above your gums, a dental implant stands alone and comes directly out of the gums.
Easiest to Clean – Because there is no attachment to neighboring teeth, there are no special tools needed to clean a dental implant crown. You floss and brush normally!
Best Chewing Ability – The support for a tooth’s chewing force comes from its foundation in the jawbone. Dental implants are the only form of tooth replacement that use the jawbone as their foundation. This produces a chewing force that is just as strong, if not stronger, than a natural tooth.
$79 Consultation or Second Opinion for Dental Implants
- Meet with the doctor
- Digital X-rays
- Learn about your treatment options
- Get all your questions answered
Call 210-910-1111 or click here to schedule your appointment.