Root Canal Therapy in San Antonio
Fast, Comfortable and Effective Single-Visit Root Canals
Root canal therapy is a remarkable treatment with a very high success rate, and Dr. Sri can perform the entirety of it in a single appointment. Although root canal therapy may be feared by some patients (a fear based upon exaggerated rumors and tall tales), most of our patients who have had root canal therapy reported experiencing little or no discomfort or pain.
What Is Root Canal Treatment?
A tooth that has its inner pulp compromised, whether by damage or infection, will need root canal therapy. The treatment involves removing the infected tissue at the center of the tooth and within its root canals to prevent further damage or infection. The hollowed-out tooth is then filled and capped with a crown that restores full function and aesthetics.
Signs of Needing a Root Canal
Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Pain or sensitivity in your teeth when chewing or biting
- A lingering toothache that may throb when eating hot or cold foods
- Pain in your teeth that is so intense it wakes you up at night
- Swelling in the gums that, when pressed, may release blood or pus
- Pain that starts in one tooth and spreads to other regions of your jaw or head—an infected lower molar (back tooth) could cause you to feel pain in your ear!