Cosmetic Dentist in San Antonio Suggests Restorative Options for Your Smile
Often called Oral Rehabilitation, Restorative Dentistry is the diagnosis of dental diseases like oral cavity. The process covers rehabilitation of teeth in proportion to the psychological, functional, and aesthetic needs of a patient. Restorative Dentistry is done by different dental professionals like Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Maxillofacial Radiology, Pediatric Dentistry, and Orthodontics. Below, your Cosmetic Dentist in San Antonio TX shares what you need to know about Restorative Dentistry:
The core of the Restorative Dentistry is to work with other medical, surgical, and dental specialists to assist in the oral rehabilitation of people with complex treatment needs, such as:
- patients who are impacted by developmental disorders like the absence of adult teeth from birth, inflammation of teeth and gums, and maldevelopment of lip and palate
- patients who went through ablative surgery due to oral cancer
- patients who experienced traumatic injuries to their mouth and teeth
- patients with severely damaged teeth as a result in tooth decay, gum disease, acid erosion, and tooth attrition.
- patients with severe medical and surgical problems like a heart condition, which can increase the risk of a complication and affect the outcome of the procedure.
However, before undergoing a restorative dental procedure, patients will need to go through necessary tests to determine if they are a good candidate for it.
Restorative Dentistry Procedures are:
- Dental implants
- Crowns and bridges
- Aesthetic dentistry
- Periodontal treatment
- Composites and ceramic inlays
- Cosmetic dental treatments.
Restorative Dentistry also includes a range of treatments such as:
- Tooth whitening
- Plastic gum surgery
- Root treatments
- Bone and gum rebuilding and grafting
Dental care is essential to your overall health, and most of the restorative dental procedures mentioned above are irreversible. Proper research is recommended so that you know how the procedures work. It is best to consult with multiple specialists. You would want to ensure that whatever dental procedure or treatment you choose will enhance your dental and overall health. You don’t want to end up getting further issues or future unexpected costs.
Call your cosmetic dentist in San Antonio TX, Dr. Sri, to schedule your appointment and discuss different restorative options for your smile! Reach us today at (210) 910-1111.