DENTAL IMPLANT BRIDGE IN SAN ANTONIO TX
A common misunderstanding of dental implants is the assumption that you must have one dental implant per tooth replacement. This is false, and that is good news! If you are missing multiple teeth in a row (typically three to four teeth), you have the option of replacing them with a dental implant bridge.
A dental implant bridge is similar to a tooth-supported bridge in a few ways.
- Both types of bridges include dental restorations where the new “teeth” are fused together. This prevents the ability to floss normally. Some extra oral hygiene tools are necessary.
- Both include a “pontic”, which is a fake tooth that is not attached to the jawbone in any way (via either a tooth or a dental implant). The pontic seems to rest on top of the gums.
A dental implant bridge differs from a natural tooth bridge in several ways.
- It replaces multiple missing teeth instead of just one.
- It does not require support from any natural teeth.
- The entire dental implant complex does not destroy any natural tooth structure, whereas a natural tooth bridge uses at least two natural teeth for support.
- A dental implant bridge has a much higher long-term success rate.
- Implants supporting a bridge cannot get cavities, but teeth supporting a bridge can.
- Dental Implant Bridge usually involves minimum of atleast 2 Implants which can replace for missing 3-4 teeth .
A dental implant bridge is a wonderful treatment option for several teeth missing in a row. It allows you to get multiple teeth replacements out of only two dental implants.
Schedule Your Free Consultation for Dental Implant Bridge in San Antonio TX
For more information about Overview of Dental Implant Bridge Placement or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Srikanth Cherukadu call our office in San Antonio, TX at Pearl Dentistry San Antonio TX at 210-910-1111.